Journal of Design Studio Ethical Principles and Publication Policy - Responsibilities
Journal of Design Studio is a peer reviewed, international, journal in design studies and research, which is online published semi-annually in July and December since 2019. It is committed to provide a platform where highest standards of publication and research ethics are the key aspect of the editorial and peer-review processes by Journal of Design Studio.
The editorial process for a manuscript to the Journal of Design Studio consists of a double-blind review, which means that both the reviewer and author identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process. If the manuscript is accepted in the review stage of the Editorial Process then, the submission goes through the editing stage, which consists of the processes of copyediting, language control, reference control, layout and proofreading. Reviewed articles are treated confidentially in Journal of Design Studio.
Journal of Design Studio has an open access policy which means that all contents are freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful research purposes. There is no submission, editorial, publication charge for author/s in the publishing procedure of Journal of Design Studio.
Publication ethics of the Journal of Design Studio are mainly based on the guidelines and recommendations which are published by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). The duties and responsibilities of all parties in the publishing process including editors, authors and others are defined below.
Authors' Ethical Responsibilities
1. The work submitted for publication must have not been published in another journal or submitted at the same time. Each application can be started following the completion of the previous application. Published work in another journal can not be sent to Journal of Design Studio.
2. Author (s) are required to make use of and / or quote in a complete and accurate way in order to benefit from other studies or to use other studies. In writing citation and bibliography, the APA editorial guidelines should be considered.
3. If all work submitted for publication is to constitute a conflict of interest, and if relevant, should be indicated.
4. The author (s) may request raw data on their framing of evaluation processes; in such a case the author (s) should be ready to submit the expected data and information to the editorial board.
5. The author (s) must have evidence that they have the necessary permissions for the use rights of the data used, research / measurement tools / analyzes.
6. The author (s) has an obligation to cooperate with the editor in informing, correcting or withdrawing the journal editor or publisher if he / she finds a mistake or error related to his / her early published or evaluation work.
7. Authors can not have their work in the application process of more than one journal at the same time. Each application can be started following the completion of the previous application. Published work in another journal can not be sent to the Journal of Design Studio.
Referees' Ethical Responsibilities
1. Admit only to evaluate the work related to the field of expertise.
2. It should evaluate within impartiality and confidentiality.
3. If she / he thinks that he / she is confronted with a conflict of interest during the evaluation process, she / he should refuse to examine the work and inform the editor of the journal.
5. Assessment should be done objectively only with respect to the content of the work. Nationality, gender, religious beliefs, political beliefs and commercial concerns should not allow it to influence the evaluation.
6. Use a polite language when making an assessment. Avoid humiliating personal interpretations of hostility, slander and insults.
7. The evaluation should be carried out on time and on the above ethical responsibility
Editors' Ethical Responsibilities
1. All publications are judged on the basis of their intellectual content, regardless of the author's gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenship and political values.
2. Personal information about the articles is kept confidential.
3. The conflict of interest observed regarding the article must be explained.
4. The Editorial Board assumes the responsibility to make publishing decisions for the submitted articles, based on the evaluation of the candidate's articles, the editorial board policies of the journal, and the legally prohibited items against plagiarism and copyright infringement.